As we grow old, we gradually become dependent, and in need of care. Usually, the burden of the care falls on the friends and family of the dependent. Caregiving could become so burdensome that stress (or caregiver burnout) may occur. But you can take advantage of respite care to make caregiving a lot more convenient. However, the question is: what type of care is respite care?
So…..what type of care is respite care?
Respite care is a kind of care that can be provided at home to the dependent. The care can be provided once a week, a few hours in a day or customized in such a way as to meet your specific needs.
To understand what type of care is respite care for a specific caregiver, you need to know the quality of care offered by the caregiver. Some caregivers offer topnotch respite care services whereas a lot of others do not. Medway caregivers are highly experienced and professional in delivering and rendering respite care services.
Medway is comprised of compassionate and reliable Personal Support Workers (PSW). The caregivers understand what type of care is respite care and therefore render quality respite care services. When rendering the service, the professionals can help with light housekeeping, meal preparation and so forth.
Comparing Respite Care to Other Care Services
It is important to know what type of care is respite care especially to compare it with some other types of care services.
Palliative care is another interesting care service rendered by Medway Healthcare as well as several other care services. This type of care is focused on relieving the dependent of his or her pains and discomfort and helping them to recover their independence.
Interestingly, Medway’s Personal Support Workers can also render palliative care alongside with respite care. They are well versed in what type of care is respite care and therefore can deliver excellent palliative respite care. The overall objective is to ensure that the dependent is comfortable and improves on his recovery.
Other Care Services Offered by Medway Healthcare
With expertise in what type of care is respite care, Medway Healthcare trumps other healthcare in delivering excellence in respite care.
However, the healthcare center also offers a lot of other care services such as:
- Companion care includes meal preparation, light housekeeping, errands and shopping, and of course, companionship. I
- Personal care, encompasses such care as grooming, dressing, bathing, transferring, bed care, medication compliance, simple wound dressings, blood sugar and blood pressure monitoring and respite care. This care is usually performed by a personal care support worker (PSW) or health care aide (HCA).
- Live-in care, is when a fully trained carer lives with you in your home, supporting with your day-to-day needs and even being on call overnight.
- Specialized care, means taking care of patients that are suffering from various conditions that are not part of normal resident care. These different problems can be either physiological or psychological.
- Dementia care: Dementia is an umbrella term for a variety of brain disorders. Dementia care is to designate the specialized care and facilities for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Staff specialize in understanding Alzheimer’s patients, symptoms of the disease, and are trained in the latest treatments and therapies.
- Palliative care, is specialized medical care for people with serious illness. This type of care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
- Acquired brain injury care: Acquired Brain Injury(ABI) refers to any damage to the brain that occurs after birth. Causes include traumatic injury, seizures, tumors, events where the brain has been deprived of oxygen, infectious diseases, and toxic exposure such as substance abuse. Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Program provides comprehensive interdisciplinary care for adults with neurological damage as a result of acquired brain Injury.
- Supplementary care are options based on conditions and the degree of help a patient requires. This can be one of our specially trained Personal Support Workers who provide help with daily tasks, errands and personal care. It can also include more in-depth care for longer stretches of time for patients who are unable to be on their own.
- Foot care, is an essential service that most people don’t think about until they’re in a lot of pain and discomfort.
- Diabetes care, is centred around the person living with diabetes and should include an individualized management plan developed by the patient.
- Pain management specialist is a physician with special training in evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all different types of pain
- Wound care and so forth.
Each of these care services is handled with utmost expertise, experiences, and competence.
You can contact Medway Healthcare to understand what type of care is respite care and to obtain the care service for your loved ones.
Furthermore, Medway Healthcare experts are always available to render respite care services as well as other care services and to assist you in understanding what type of care is respite care as much as possible. The services are all available at affordable prices and Medway staff and experts are friendly and always available to attend to your needs and to educate you on what type of care is respite care and also provide the best respite services.